It's a little hard to see in this picture, but we almost made our goal of 500 people in the morning's service. We had 480. We had a lot of help from people from out of the area that came in for Penn View's commencement tomorrow.
During the month of May we had 152 visitors. The pastor said that he was going to take the top 3 families (those who brought the most visitors) out for dinner. Monica Stanton came in first with 17 visitors. Barry Parthemer had 8 visitors. Tim Calhoun family had 6 visitors (their dinner from the pastor is in jepordy though. They didn't seem to be in the congregation this morning. I guess that this was one of those cases that you must be present to win!! We missed you Pappy 'Houn!)

5 comments:
Is this the church that you got married in?
No. We started attending this church after we got married. It was a whole lot closer. Actually, this is David's home church.
we missed you guys too! I was worried the number might be 496..then we would have been in trouble...We are still negotiating the free meal. I didn't see "must be present to win the attendance award" anywhere in the fine print.
hey! just found your blog. I like it! Welcome to the blog land. Hey, i miss beavertown. Thanks for the pictures. y'all be good! have a happy day!
Renae,
It was good to hear from you. We miss your cheery face at Beavertown.
Terri
Post a Comment