Monday, April 28, 2008

Interview tonight!

I (Terri) have a telephone interview this evening. My first transcription job just doesn't seem to be working out. I am required to maintain a 98% average accuracy (I totally understand that. It is, after all, someone's medical record.) but if I just can't hear what the Dr. is saying or cannot positively identify through research, etc. I have to leave a blank. They count off for those blanks. As a new MT, my "ear" is still developing. They are also pretty inconsistent with grading my reports--one time I am supposed to correct the Dr.'s grammer. I start doing that and then I am told that this account is supposed to be verbatim. I have talked to my account manager and he says that really all they are looking for is the absence of of major medical errors. Why do they even comment on the grammer then? Who knows!

I am looking for a company with a little better communication. Hopefully this one is the one.

I am so happy with my choice of medical transcription. I love being home most of the time for my children.

2 comments:

Greg n Anna Cubs said...

Good luck. That would be great to be a stay at home mom.

Kimberly said...

Hey, Terri! Sorry I don't have any pics of the wedding yet, but Laura has a couple on her site. You can just click the link on my page for Mark & Laura and it should come up. Hope you guys are doing well! TTYL. Kimberly