Okay...I promise I won't do this every time I go shopping, but I was excited about my savings from last night. I have recently started couponing. These are my totals from tonight. At giant I spent $24.86 and saved $32.44. At CVS I spent 18.01 and saved $33.64. Total spent $42.87. Total saved $66.08. There were several items that I had planned to get but the stores were out of. Let's just say that I am hooked!
We won't need to buy toothpaste (6), dish soap(6), or Betty Crocker potatoes (10) for a while. By the way, I paid 50 cents a box for those. I ended up paying $1 plus tax for the Electrasol.
My total was higher than I had planned to spend at Giant because I got some things that I had no coupon for.

6 comments:
Great Job!!! It's kindda addicting seeing how much you can get for how little!!
Amy
good job. i'm not good at that
Ok - so whats the secret? I've heard of this kind of coupon shoping before but when I try it - never works. Could use a few tips!!
What I do is check the weekly fliers for CVS and Giant. I match the coupons that I have to the things that are on sale. Giant doubles coupons (Selinsgrove doubles 50 cents, everything else rounds up to $1.00). CVS I try to get things that get me extra care bucks to use towards another purchase. It's hard to explain it all here. Check out couponing101.com. I would love to be more help to you, although I am just getting started myself.
I also plan my menu for the week around the sales and what I have coupons for.
The "experts" say to stock up when you get a good deal (like I did with the palmolive and toothpaste). That way you don't have to buy those again for a while. By the time you need them again you probably will have come across another sale where you can get them free or almost free.
You can't be picky on brands and make out using coupons. I used to think that generic were always cheaper. They aren't always if you buy name brands when they are on sale and combine the sale with a coupon.
Congratulations, Terri! I've found with couponing you can buy things cheaper than what you would pay for at Aldi's.
One thing I do is try to only buy things when on special. (by checking the sale papers) You may have to build up your pantry to do so. Wait till it goes on sale, then use your coupon and you save double time.
Post a Comment